Monday, September 29, 2008

Thank You Lord!

The moon was spotted and Ramadan is over. Eid Al-Fitr begins now and there is no school tomorrow! You should have seen us teachers when we got the phone calls! Teachers were running up and down the stairs shouting, "No school! No school!" It feels like a snow day, which just doesn't compute in my mind. HAHA.

So what will I do with my extra day off? I think I'll rearrange my bedroom and put up all my photographs. Nothing will be open tomorrow as the first day of Eid for families to spend together, much like American Thanksgiving or Christmas. So going out is not an option. I may go up to school to go swimming. Friends are throwing their annual "I Survived September" party in the evening and I'll definitely go to that. I will also spend some time with friends during the day, friends I hardly get to see with our respective amounts of work.

A 6-day weekend. Who woulda thunk?!!

3 comments:

Just Me said...

Yeah for the spotted moon!!!

Footnotes said...

Don't you know it! I slept in and am reading a book now. Ahhhhh, vacation.

Mountain Momma said...

http://www.andrewlipson.com/escher/relativity.html

Check this out... I was doing some work on Escher and found this... I thought you would enjoy it!