Thursday, September 18, 2008

Excitement!

First, I am going to an Iftar dinner tonight with a group of teachers. An Iftar is when the fast is broken during Ramadan and it is supposedly quite a to-do. This will be my first one and I'm thrilled to experience it.

Second, I can finally request high-speed internet for my apartment!!!!! I had to wait until the phone line was transferred into my name and that was completed yesterday. So we looked up the hours of Q-Tel, the telecommunications firm here, and their Ramadan hours are from 8am to 1:30pm (I'm in school then) and 8pm to midnight. Unbelievable! After dinner I'll go and request the high-speed and maybe, just maybe, I might actually have it hooked up by this time next week. I do realize I'm being very optimistic, but I must or else I just might cry...

Anyway, here's to a great weekend!

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Hey Kimmi,
I love reading about your adventures...especially the lack of an elevator...felt SO sorry for you!!!
Please update more!!
Love ya, Mom in O'town