Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Migraines are for the birds

When I was a kid, I would get a migraines often and have to go in to my mom's bedroom because it was the darkest and quietest room in the house and I would sleep it off. Now that I'm an adult, the don't come around as often but when they do, they are whoppers. I've been fighting a bad headache off and on for three days and so it was no surprise last night that it turned into a full fledged migraine. Yuck. Queasy, dizzy, hungry but nauseous, pounding, pounding, pounding. Thankfully, these days there are better over-the-counter medicines to help. Thank you, Excedrine Migraine! I took two pills and slept through the night. Now that I'm awake, my head feels about 5 feet big/wide and a little light-headed, but that's pretty normal for the after-effects. There is still some lingering pain so I'll wait to see what it does before I decide to take more meds and go back to sleep or not. Or maybe I'll just go back to sleep.

Thank you, Lord, for sick days. It feels so weird to be home when everyone else is at school. I put more birdseed out on the balcony so I could watch the birds come and listen to them sing. It looks like it's going to be a hot day here!

No comments: