Wednesday, April 15, 2009

20.3 - Yikes!

So the excitement for the day is my blood sugar, 20.3, where normal fasting is between 4.4 and 6.6. These are numbers are the European values used to measure it. To get the US numbers, multiply by 18.

The nurse at my school ordered me to go to the hospital. I ended up in the ER getting saline. By the time they took measurements, the level was going down so they decided not to give me insulin. Wahoo!! It appears that a recent change in my diabetes medications was not doing what it was expected to do so the amounts are being changed again. Oh well...

Now for more FUN excitement, I get to build the Botball competition table this afternoon. Double wahoo for power tools!!!!!!! If you don't know about Botball, it's a robotics competition where student teams build robots to manuver around the table and collect objects to earn points. For more info, visit www.botball.org. Here is a short video from them about this year's tournament:



You can see the table that we will build this afternoon. My team has built two different robots to perform two different functions on the table and their ideas are great. I really hope they do well!

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Miss Kim...that is way too high!!! You better take better care of yourself...or else.....well, just take better care of yourself. Praying for you!! Love you too!!!

Footnotes said...

Yeah, I know. I'm doing just that. Sleeping tons and eating better. Love you too, Mom!!!!!