Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Busy Few Days

Whew! The last few days have just flown by. Here are some of the activities and highlights:

I filled the gas tank in my Honda Accord. I had just under a quarter tank of gas and it cost me 26 Qatari Riyals which is about $7.12. Whoopee!

My shipment was here in Doha but the receiving agent wouldn't release it because they hadn't been paid by the US shipping company. After a rather pointed email to the US company, I received my shipment the very next day. Now I'm wonderfully swamped with boxes to unpack.

This big apartment needs a few more pieces of furniture to showcase the treasures I've collected over the years. Time to go shopping!

The elevator in the building is still not working. No real surprise it's just that I've lost count of how many times I've walked up five flights of stairs.

I bought a television and had cable hooked up. I actually got to watch TCM last night when it was showing A Bachelor in Paradise, an old Bob Hope movie that I love.

The first day with all the returning teachers was yesterday and the day started out with a huge breakfast catered by the Ritz-Carlton. It was the best opening to any school year!

I went to Arby's today and was seriously disappointed in the Beef 'n Cheddar sandwich. That's not really a bad thing, is it?!!

I got my Qatari driving license today. That consisted of sitting around the driving license bureau chatting with my colleagues while someone walked our paperwork through the process.

No comments: