Saturday, May 31, 2008

Class on a Friday night??!!!!!??!!?!?!

So summer classes at Columbia started this past Monday, Memorial Day. I'm auditing a freshman level computer science class that meets on Mondays and Wednesdays. Due to Memorial Day, we didn't have class Monday so the instructor decides to hold class on Friday instead, as a 'make up day.' No problem, guy, what time of the day on Friday? "Same time as class." That's 5:30 to 8:40 on Friday night! Talk about messing up my plans for the evening.

Anyway, as soon as class was over, I went to meet up with my friends from the InterVarsity group and had a great time. Afterward, I sat with my friend on the steps of Low Library on an absolutely gorgeous night. It was the first time all year I actually was able to enjoy Columbia's campus. I plan on enjoying it a bit more before I leave here!

My mom and aunt are visiting next weekend!!! Yipee! I'm looking now for theater tickets and trying to find a reasonable price. Since they're going to be here on the weekend, standing in the lines in the afternoon to get the cheap tickets really won't work as that's only for weekday shows, so I'm told. We'll see what happens!

No comments: