Sunday, December 7, 2008

'Wow' Sights in Doha

Today in the grocery store I spotted a can of ready-made chicken salad. Not too unusual, except for where it was located: dead center of the Mexican food area!

Picture one of those huge, blow-up slides that is bigger than a bounce house. Now, picture three college-aged girls climbing up and sliding down. Nothing unusual, right? Picture them wearing abayas. What a sight! I desperately wanted to take a picture but I just couldn't bring myself to do it!

The first rainstorm of the season happened yesterday. Since it doesn't rain often here, it really was a welcome site. Thankfully, I was home and not out driving. Many roads flooded. Friends who happened to be at the mall got to see water cascading down in H&M which ended up closing. Yikes!

1 comment:

Just Me said...

When are you gonna update this?
I wanna see pics of Africa!!
Love you and miss you!!